In this post I will explore how you could get response from custom Kaizala forms into a SharePoint list. I will not cover the basics of creating a form from the Kaizala Management Portal, adding it to a group etc. For those, please read the Part A of the post: Flow scenario #2: Get response from custom Kaizala forms.
This scenario broadly has 3 steps:
- Create a SharePoint list (with relevant fields we want input on)
- Create the Kaizala Form
- Setup the Flow (to capture Kaizala Form response into SharePoint list)
Create a SharePoint list
For the purpose of this demo, I have created a SharePoint list on a test site like below:
And in the list, I have added 2 columns (Title column exists by default):
- Title: to capture the issue
- Reported by: to capture who is reporting the issue (of type Single Line of Text)
- Reported On: to capture when the issue was reported (of type Date)
Create the Kaizala Form
I am not going through how to create it, you can refer to the Part A of this post. For this demo, I have created a simple form with just one text field that looks like this:
Setup the flow
This would be a simple Flow consisting of 2 blocks:
- Trigger: when someone responds to a custom action
- Action: add item to the SharePoint list
Add the trigger “When someone responds to a custom action” and Select the Group, the relevant Action Package and set Action to All (shown below).
Add the SharePoint action “Create item” and fill in the site address, list name and configure the SharePoint list columns.
Once you have the trigger and action set, save your flow. The complete flow just consists of 2 blocks and looks like this:
Testing out the flow
Adding a response to the form in Kaizala will now add and entry in the SharePoint list. For this demo, below are the screenshots for the response I added on Kaizala and the entry in the SharePoint list:
Hope that was helpful. Do let me know what you think through the contact page. Thank you for reading!